2011/05/31

Egg tart / 蛋撻

So here is it: my attempt on making hong-kong-style Eggtarts (蛋撻 dantat)
I used the recipe from wantanmien
but instead for the mini-ones I went for the normal-size ones. The egg part turned out totally dreamy but the crust was a bit ... cookie like (tasty though) - not the crispy crust type I remember from the bakery-bought ones - well I did use normal sugar instead of the powdered sugar - next time I think I'm going for flaky pastry 

Another problem was the mold ... it sticked like hell ... even though I basically coated the molds with butter - since I also used normal muffin molds - I gotta say the silicone muffin molds were easier to handle: no buttering, no sticking, just as tasty ... just not the original form of dantat.

June is coming up :) & with that my 20th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment